*Some rules and regulations:
- Members of the organization responsible for the conduct and management of the ticket raffle are not permitted to purchase tickets for that raffle;
- You do not need to be present at the draw to win the prize;
- Winners agree to have their name released by the licensee;
- A minor MAY purchase a ticket if they are 13 years of age or older, or accompanied by an adult who is apparently the minor’s parent or guardian and who consents to the sale.
- Sales are NOT permitted outside British Columbia UNLESS the non-resident purchases the ticket and the entire payment transaction takes place while the person is in British Columbia.
The Galiano Health Care Society continues its 25th Anniversary celebrations with a Plant Sale to be held at the health clinic on Saturday May 21, from 10am-2pm.
1000 x 8″ pots with a variety of perennial plants & grasses
$8.00 per plant
Proceeds to the Galiano Health Care Society
Come early for the best selection!
Wednesday May 11 – FREE – drop off your old and unwanted/partially used prescription medications to the RCMP office on Galiano Island from 1-4pm. No questions asked. This service is provided by a partnership between the Outer Gulf Islands RCMP & Pender Island Pharmacy. It’s time to clear out your cupboards to keep children and pets safe from inadvertantly ingesting your prescription drugs.
Saturday August 6, 2016 is our next festival and it already promises to be bigger and better than ever.
While the highlight will continue to be the various wines and beers available for sampling coupled with tasty finger foods prepared by volunteers, this year’s event will be the first with the opportunity to purchase bottles of your favourite wine and beer. The capacity to purchase ‘take-home’ bottles is in response to suggestions from patrons attending past Festivals on Galiano, along with changes in the provincial laws regarding alcohol sales that allow limited sales near the site of the tasting festival.
Tickets will be $45 again this year and entitle the ticket holder to receive a free souvenir wine glass and a souvenir beer glass, in addition to Festival admission. Tickets go on sale on May 1st. Reservations will continue to be open until August 5th (dependent upon availability).
Check out the Festival website for additional information, ticket sales and contact details.
The Galiano Health Care Society invites Galiano residents and visitors to our Annual General Meeting to be held at the South Community Hall on Saturday April 30. Time: 1-4pm
Come to hear about our successes and the challenges from the past year. Thanks to the Galiano community we are in a strong position to move forward in 2016 by ensuring access to quality health care through the Clinic. We also continue to support health-related services on the island.
If you are interested in joining our Board of Directors at the April AGM, please contact Jenelle at 9-2422, or Mike at 9-2003, or email email@example.com