Due to your generous donations in 2011; we have been able to replace the carpet for quality linoleum. We have also painted the whole clinic which gives the space a fresh new look. These renovations were really necessary as the carpet was a carrier of germs and made it difficult to clean to the current health standard.
This year we are raising money to complete the building renovations and we will focus on the waterworks as well as making sure our equipment is up to date and able to handle any major community emergency such as an earthquake or forest fire.
- $1000 – hot water tank replacement
- $1650 – outside siding cleanup and minor painting
- $9000 – plumbing fixtures, vanities and sinks (to meet contagion prevention standard)
- $1000 – low-flush toilets
- $2000 – electronic office equipment (per year for several years, after that a lower amount)
- $1000 – larger diesel generator fuel tank
- $1000 – wiring up the emergency generator to operate automatically
*The above prices are an estimate only and should not to be taken as a quoted price.
To achieve our goal, the GHCS is organizing a fundraising Variety Show and our annual dance. We are hoping to attract major donations from local residents who may want to commit to finance one of the items listed above.
One way to insure the survival of our health care is for every resident of Galiano to become a member in good standing of the Galiano Health Care Society.